Baton’s mission is not only to increase communication between you and your clients, it’s also to be able to measure implementation success. We know implementations are both art and science. The Baton Score is a rating from 0-100 that indicates how well your implementations run over time. This is currently in active development for an initial Score.
We’re taking a look at projects today and the underlying data. Some of that data includes:
- Client feedback, on time rate of tasks, engagement, and many more factors to determine if a project is successful.
- On time task rate
- Engagement of the client
- Time between closing a sale and kicking off an implementation
Success in implementations can mean different things to different people. Baton is defining success in a couple ways for this score:
- Is the implementation done on time and according to your team’s best practices? This is the bread and butter issue that Baton is solving.
- Is the median time for implementations going down? This means you’re getting more efficient and recognizing bookings as revenue faster.
- Is the client renewing after a contract is up? Implementations are not in a vacuum and we want to ensure we’re helping to optimize your complete sales process.
As we develop more research and collect more data, we’ll be releasing the Baton Score in your data bar when you have enough projects to make an assessment. Further, we’ll be blogging on best practices and common myths as we find them. This is a complex and evolving field that we’re excited to bring data to. Questions or suggestions? Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Note: The Baton Score updates once every Friday